The AP Examinations are administered each year in May and represent the culmination of college-level work in a given discipline in a secondary school setting. Rigorously developed by committees of college and AP high school faculty, the AP Exams test students’ ability to perform at a college level.
AP Exam Registration Info:
2021-2022 AP Exam Registration is now open!
The deadline to register without incurring a late fee is October 31, 2021.
After October 31st you will be charged a $10.00 late fee. AP charges a late fee of $40.00 for tests ordered after November 15, 2021.
**Important** There will be a cancellation fee this year! (The fee was waived last year due to Covid.) If you decide to cancel your exam after November 15th, you will be charged a late fee of $40.00 by AP College Board.
Refer to the detailed instructions below to register for AP Exams.
Please be sure to complete ALL steps.
You must create accounts on Total Registration AND College Board to complete the registration process and for an exam to be ordered for you!
PLEASE read this information carefully if you or your student plans to take an AP exam this
- AP registration will open on Tuesday, August 24 at 12:01 a.m. and will close on Friday, October 31 at 11:59 PM.
- Each exam costs $100
- If you fail to register in time there will be a late registration window with an additional late fee.
- If you are on a fee reduction or feel that you would qualify for a reduced exam fee, request a fee reduction through Total Registration. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions about paying for your exam.
*** Each step has specific instructions, so please follow them in order to ensure that you register for your exam properly *** You MUST pay on the Total Registration site and join a class on the myap.collegeboard.org.
- Register and Pay for your exam at: https://user.totalregistration.net/AP/450020
- If you have previously taken an AP exam, you will NOT need to create a new account. Simply use your existing login and password. You can reset your password, if necessary.
- Once you have completed your payment, you will be given a JOIN CODE. It is very important to WRITE DOWN THE JOIN CODE as you will need this to join the AP classroom.
STEP THREE: (Refer to the attached file for these steps!)
- Next, go to the College Board website at https://myap.collegeboard.org/login
- Join each AP classroom, for each exam you intend to take.
- Join as a Bingham High Student. If you don’t see your period listed, don’t worry! Just join any one of the periods. It does not affect your registration.
- If you have previously taken an AP exam, you can login and use the join codes to be added to the AP classroom for each test that you have paid for.
- If you have never taken an AP exam you will need to create an account and then put in the join code to be added to the AP classroom.
- Please use a personal email address or update your address to a personal email so you will be able to access College Board once you have graduated.
** IMPORTANT **
If you DO NOT join the AP Classroom on college board you will NOT have an exam ordered for
You will use 2 websites and create 2 logins. If you have not visited http://www.totalregistration.net/
http://myap.collegeboard.org/ if you have not completed the registration process!!
Questions? Contact Karen Cox, Testing Coordinator
801-256-5100 x74121 M-Th 9-1
AP Fee Reductions:
- Go to Total Registration and order your test(s).
- Check the box that asks if you are eligible for Free/Reduced Lunch or a school fee waiver. You will not be able to complete the order at this time. Total Registration will notify Mrs. Cox for an approval.
- Bring a copy of your approval for Free/Reduced Lunch that you received from the district to the Bingham Counseling Office. Ms. Cox will then be able to approve you for the fee reduction of $67.00.
- After you have been approved, you can go back to Total Registration and pay the reduced fee. After payments is made your test will be ordered. Make sure payment is made by the due date.
For AP questions, please email the testing coordinator: email@example.com